|Early adolescence is a challenging stage in the development of all children. They are growing physically, intellectually, and socially more during these years than they have at any other time in their lives. The Franklin Avenue Middle School community recognizes this fact and provides students with the proper support and encouragement so that they may leave middle school with the skills requisite for a successful career in high school and beyond.|
Congratulations to Coach Banta and the Patriots!!
Marking Period 1
FAMS would like to congratulate our Students and Patriots of the Month for September.
The Student and Patriot of the Month program provides recognition for students who exhibit positive behaviors and exemplary performance. Selected students will receive a certificate and a congratulatory breakfast sponsored by the FAMS PTA for their accomplishments.
|Student of the Month||Patriot of the Month|
|6th||Kyle Bussanich||Laiya Touma|
|Alyssa Darella||Marina Mekhail|
|7th||Garrison Nazare||Gabe Jimenez|
|Bora Bozodgan||Faith Hamilton|
|8th||Ben Baldwin||Hans SanLuis|
|Julia Byrnes||Emma Hamilton|
- Click here: http://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Franklin_Avenue_Middle_School
- Select the appropriate teacher(s)
- Fill in the required information
- An email will be sent with a link to select a conference time
- Click on the available conference time
- Click ‘Confirm Selection’ at the bottom of the page
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided
To order your yearbook online by credit card, simply log on to www.jostensyearbooks.com, click Buy Your Yearbook, find Franklin Avenue Middle School in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, then follow the on screen prompts!
SALE BEGINS NOW!
No Yearbooks will be sold after January 15, 2016.
VISIT US ON THE WEB TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
December 9 - Choral Concert
December 9 - Wetzel Pretzel (all lunch periods) $3.50
December 16 - Instrumental Concert
December 16 - Jamba Juice (all lunch periods) $3.00
December 23 - Minimum Day
December 24 - January 1 - Holiday Recess
For sports information, see Athletic Schedules and Direction link on the side bar.
Click here for link to directions to athletic events.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Hartman or stop in the music room!
*REMINDER TO ALL STUDENTS: You should ALWAYS be prepared to go outside for recess everyday. Students must go to their lockers before arriving in the MPR with all the items that you will need.
LOST & FOUND - If you have lost school supplies, clothes, a lunchbox, or other personal items, PLEASE stop in the office.
We remind all students to examine their clothing choices each morning before arrival to school. Be reminded that FAMS has guidelines that can answer your questions regarding appropriateness of attire. We all appreciate your cooperation. Stop by the office with any questions.
Some reminders about school procedures:
- Please arrive to school on time! Attendance is taken at 8:05.
- Remember we only allow walking in the hallways. Safety first!
- Follow all bus safety rules. There are no assigned seats.
- Notice the rotation for recess for each marking period. It is posted in all homerooms and of course the MPR. We will only use the rotation when the weather is warm enough to go outside.
- If you plan to leave the MPR for any reason at lunch time, you MUST sign out first. If you will be with a teacher, you will need to show a pass!
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted to be used throughout the day.
*Note that the school store is open to students during their lunch periods on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays. Snacks are available for .75 cents. Please do not bring in bills larger than $5.00 as we are not able to make change.
- When students arrive to school in bad weather, you will be waiting inside the building until the 8:00 am bell. All students will enter through the door by the gym and then proceed to the following locations:
- 6th grade - front hall by Rooms 157 and 158
- 7th grade - MPR
- 8th grade - gym lobby
STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BRING SCHOOL BAGS,
> If going to Alternate Lunch or the Library, remember your sign-out number and use the same number when signing in at your destination. Alternate Lunch eats in the Alt. Lunch room, Library eats in MPR-no food is allowed in the Library.
> If parent is dropping off your lunch, it is your responsibility to look for you lunch in the white basket near the stage. If you need assistance, ask an adult for help.
> Remember that students must adhere to the guidelines regarding bags and backpacks and dress code. If you have any questions, please stop by the office.
COMPUTER LAB - Is open in room 225
*Before school at 7:15 am
*After school until 3:30 pm
- Animal Club - see Miss Mora
- Book Club -
- Chemisrty Club -
- Drama Club - Please see Miss Stein or Miss Kayser.
- Art Club - Mrs. Behrens
- Environmental Club -
- Photography Club - See Mr. V. for more info!
- Tennis -
- Year Book - Miss Burnup & Mr. Colon
- 7th Grade meets on Day 1
- 8th Grade meets on Day 2
2015-2016 CHORUS: (click for registration form) The 7th & 8th Grade Concert Choir is open to all students and meets during the school day rotating with your physical education period. Forms are available from Mrs. Hartman and in the main office.
- VOCAL MUSIC -
- 6th Grade meets Tuesday & Thursday
- 7th Grade meets Day 2
- 8th Grade
SPORTS: See Our Athletics Page